Since things have been a little crazy, I haven't updated the blog since Wednesday. I know that I don't have to write everyday but when I don't, I feel like I miss out telling about things that have been going on in our lives. I know a lot of you are following this to stay updated with us which I am so glad we have this medium to do so. So I will quickly update you with what else happened this week.
Ryan and I went to our last art class on Wednesday. We practiced our shapes and using scissors. Ryan is getting much better and is more willing to let me help him. I am sad that they classes are over because I have enjoyed that one on one time with him. We are thinking about maybe putting him in parent and child gymnastics class for the winter. We will see!



On Thursday we ran over to Laura's (Ryan's old babysitter) to see if her family and their school would be interested in participating in the Mobile Dentist Program that I am putting on at WHS and JRL for my internship. They were happy to see Ryan and Jaxson. Ryan enjoyed playing with them!
On Friday, we went to speech therapy for Ryan. Ryan did great during the speech time. Then my terrible two let loose! He through an absolute fit because he didn't want to go. He supposed to get a free book but because he threw the fit I said no. I had to pick him up and Jaxson's car seat up and carry them both out to the car. Ryan continued to throw a fit because I he wanted his book. We got out to the car and I put Ryan down to put Jaxson in the car and Ryan took off across the parking lot to go get his book. It scared me half to death. So then there was no McDonald's or chicken nuggets and french fries as he says. On the way home he continued to throw a fit. So I told him we were going home, he was going to eat lunch then go take a nap. Well he threw another fit when we got home about his lunch so he got sent to bed without lunch! WOW! What an hour that was! I feel though despite his fits, we are learning to discipline better and what are the best ways to deal with him when he acts out.
Jaxson is growing so big way too fast! He turned 8 weeks on Friday. We have his 2 month check up this Wednesday. I am curious to see what he weighs. His fussy times in the evening are getting shorter and shorter. We are so blessed with such a wonderful, laid back baby. Maybe God knew we needed him to be this way so we could spend our time teaching Ryan.


1 comment:
Post a Comment