Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas from the Yoders

UPDATED:
Ok, well here comes the post of our Christmas 2008. I have a feelling it is going to be really long so hold on to your britches.

On Christmas Eve as always, we went to Rob and Cindy's house to open up gifts and have dinner. Cindy made two types of soups, a smoked turkey, salad, rolls, and shrimp cocktail. It was delicious. Then we cleaned up the dishes and waited to open up presents.


Rob made a manager out of scrap wood Christmas Eve day. He told the Christmas story to Ryan while Jaxson played the role of "Baby Jesus" in the manager.
Then we started opening up gifts. The boys got REALLY spoiled by Nana and Papa and Aunt Amber and Kim. They got so many gifts I can't even remember them all to list them. But one of Ryan's favorites was a kid laptop computer. He also enjoyed unwrapping Jaxson's gifts for him. Actually he liked some of Jaxson's gifts just as much as his own. Jaxson got a fun baby toolbench with lots of sounds and colors.



Jaxson enjoyed being entertained by all of the beautful chaos. We got some awesome gifts too including a beautiful wood hall tree and some yummy veal patties (Chad's favorite). We also got our traditional pjs.

After we got home from Nana and Papa's house, Ryan put cookies and milk out for Santa Claus. Then he headed to bed. We got all the finishing touches on his presents then headed to bed ourselves. In the morning, we had to wake Ryan up. (He has had a cold so was not feeling 100%) Ryan loved opening our gifts that Chad and I gave him but he seemed to completely MISS the HUGE gift covered by blankets in our family room.

I know many of you (ok, maybe just Julie) are waiting for a post about Christmas this year and I will get to it as soon as I have a spare moment. But until then here is a picture of us as a family from Christmas to hold you over until that moment finally arrives!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful family . . .except that beard, Chad.

(Marie's opinion only)