Thursday, January 15, 2009

Snowed In!

Well for the past couple of days, we have been pretty much snowed in. Or should I say cold in. Does that make sense? Anyways, you get the point. So I have been trying to find things to keep Ryan occupied. Each week or so I pick a theme of books and we learn about that subject. This week, we are learning about Bears. We have been doing activities that have been both fun and educational at the same time. I can't believe how much he knows at almost three. He knows all of his colors including pink, black, brown, and grey. He can almost count to 20 by himself. He can sing the ABC's and knows what letters are. He can do a AB pattern and can recognize a circle, a triangle, and a square. Now, I am not trying to brag here nor do I think he is some kind of genius. I just think it is great that he loves learning enough that he has learned all of these important skills. Plus, I love teaching him! Here's some of the things we did yesturday!




Sorting Gummi Bears!





Making a AB pattern!




Daddy Bear and Ryan Bear in their Bear Cave!

Today, I had school off because of the snow and coldness. Since it was too cold outside, I brought the snow inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee Whiz! It's like a regular preschool classroom in the Yoder house. You are such overachievers!!!

What blessed boys to have such great parents!!!!

Miss you guys . . .give BIC and BUFF a hug for us.

It was -13 and -32 windchill in Amherst this morning. Brrrrrr!