Friday, August 7, 2009

Greater Science Musuem, Splash Zone, and the Cleveland Zoo!

I am so far behind in blogging I didn't know where to start! So I decided to go back a couple of weeks. Before I went back to work, I wanted to do some fun things with the kids.

Monday, July 27th: Greater Lakes Science Center

My dad gave us a museum membership that is good for museums ALL over the U.S. so I took Julie, Trent, Ryan, and Jaxson to this museum. Most of the museum is geared towards older, school age children. However, they have an awesome area called the Polymer Fun House which is only allowed for children 7 and under. It is GREAT!!! Ryan and Jaxson absolutely loved playing in this area. In fact, I took back just the boys on Wednesday and we just played there. I am sure we go there many times during the Winter. They have a ball area, a huge connect four game, slides, a bouncing house, gears board, and a whole outside water area. We did go through the whole museum and Ryan enjoyed many of the other exhibits especially the shadow making one. They also have a HUGE boat you can tour. Ryan liked it more than I thought he would. They also have an Omnimax that maybe we will go to someday. Here are some pictures from our day:










Thursday, July 30th: Splash Zone
On Thursday and Friday, Chad took to vacation days so we could spend time as a family. I wasn't in a picture taking mood so this is the only cute one I got. Jaxson was eating strawberries during a break.

Friday, July 31st: Cleveland Zoo
We renewed our zoo pass because it is such a good deal plus you also get into other zoos around the U.S. for free or half off. The highlight was the dinosaur exhibit. Ryan went through twice and has asked everyday since then to go back. We are going to make a dinosaur picture book for Ryan with this pictures. He just LOVES dinosaurs! He was a little afraid at times because he wasn't sure if they were real or not. Sometimes he acted like he knew they weren't real but other times he really thought they were real. He thought the BIG dinosaurs were going to eat him!












This one was his favorite!

With working full time now, I am probably only going to be able to do updates once a week. Plus, there won't be MUCH to post since we will be doing less. But we do want to try to keep in touch as much as possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I told you NOT to put my picture in your blog. But, of course you did anyway. But I guess I'll forgive you. :)
Julie

Jenelle said...

Sarah-Looks like lots of fun!!! I can't believe how big Jaxson is.